In the event of a significant disruption to your organization, how will your company respond?
No one enjoys thinking about crisis management, business continuity, disaster recovery, or reputation management.
But this much is certain: your business will face unexpected disruptions.
Understanding how your program and capabilities stack up is the first step to being able to mature your program – even if you don’t have a formal business continuity & crisis management program today.
Our Resiliency Diagnosis process is the perfect way to advance your business continuity, crisis management, and/or disaster recovery program.
Our thorough standards-based review culminates in a full report, maturity model scoring, and clear recommendations for improvement.
You’ll know exactly where you stand and how to go about rapidly improving your current state of resiliency.
Our proprietary assessment process utilizes the ISO 22301 Security and Resilience Standard for Business Continuity along with several related ISO Standards. The ISO Standards are the most widely accepted global standards for business continuity & crisis management.
Our Approach & Methodology
Alignment: 1 Day
- We have a brief call with your pre-defined group of stakeholders and decision-makers to align & scope the engagement based upon our approach.
- We provide a detailed list of documents that we’ll want to review as a part of our Pre-Work.
Pre-Work: 1 Week
- In-depth review of your current program, strategy, policies, plans, and other documents to understand your organization’s current capabilities, needs, and challenges.
Discovery: 2-4 Weeks
- We’ll meet with each of your key executives and stakeholders to understand their view of risk, your current program & capabilities, and your organization’s needs.
- We’ll then dive more deeply into your current program and capabilities to see exactly what makes things tick in your organization.
- Our discussions may lead us to request additional documents to review or meetings with additional stakeholders to gain deeper insights.
- We typically conduct our discovery meetings virtually but in-person options are available.
- The length of this phase depends on the complexity of your organization and scheduling efficiency for discovery meetings.
Resiliency Diagnosis Drafting: 2 Weeks
- We begin crafting and iterating our Resiliency Diagnosis report with weekly check-ins and reviews with the project team.
- We often request and review additional artifacts during this time and may conduct additional discovery meetings with your stakeholders, leaders, and partners to clarify our observations.
Review & Iteration: 1 Week
- Once we have completed all discovery and iteration activities, we meet with your team to present an initial review of our observations and recommendations.
- This review is conducted in an open, iterative manner with the intent of strengthening the report to align with organizational expectations and your strategic business objectives.
- We then create a final version of the Resiliency Diagnosis report based upon the outputs of our review discussions.
Resiliency Diagnosis Presentation: 1 Day
- We present a set of virtual or on-site presentations to as many different audiences as are needed to help you move your strategy forward.
- Often our audience is the organization’s CEO, their direct reports, and members of the Board of Directors. We’ll work with you to define the audiences as a part of finalizing the scope of the engagement.
- These presentations are most effective when Bryghtpath’s experts present the Resiliency Diagnosis report directly to your stakeholders and executives as we are most familiar with our methodology, observations, and recommendations. We’re also able to respond to questions and challenges through our extensive experience.
Wrap-Up & Engagement Closure: 1 Day
- We turn over all work products in written and electronic form, including our meeting notes, documents, and other evaluation materials.
What's Included in the Resiliency Diagnosis process?
- Comprehensive written Resiliency Diagnosis report covering our observations and recommendations
- Executive summary suitable for sharing with senior executives and boards of directors
- Proprietary ISO 22301 Maturity Model showing the overall program maturity across multiple factors
- Presentation slide deck highlighting Resiliency Diagnosis report observations and recommendations
- Bryghtpath-led presentation sessions for stakeholders, executives, and other leaders (up to six hours)
Working Together during the Resiliency Diagnosis process
- Weekly engagement status calls
- Access to shared channel in Slack with regular business-hours access to Bryghtpath’s experts
- 24×7 access to our cloud-based project management portal
- 24×7 access to our interview notes through Notion, our cloud-based collaborative notetaking tool
How can we work together to implement our Resiliency Diagnosis recommendations?
- We’d obviously love to work with you on further maturing and improving your program.
- Following the wrap-up of our Resiliency Diagnosis process, we’ll provide a straightforward proposal to help you implement our recommendations.
- This follow-on work is completely optional, but most of our Resiliency Diagnosis clients engage with our team to further mature their program.
Bryghtpath's Resiliency Diagnosis process is most effective for a company
- That is a mid to large-sized complex organization committed to rapidly establishing or maturing its crisis management, business continuity, and/or crisis communications program.
- That is willing to allow our team unfettered access to existing documentation, stakeholders, and executives to diagnose the current state of resiliency across the organization and suggest the best solutions that can lead to real change.
- That is willing to be strongly engaged from the very beginning, listening, and reading with intense focus, and jumping into action after our Resiliency Diagnosis report is delivered.
- That is open to a different perspective from experienced deep subject matter experts and allow that perspective to be presented to your executives & stakeholders directly by our team.
Criticality & Impact Analysis
Review of functions across the organization to determine a list of critical functions and measure the impact of a disruption. This analysis is conducted at a department/team level through a survey tool.
Private coaching for Business Continuity & Crisis Management leaders to improve influence and performance, get unstuck, and move your program forward.
Ongoing access to Bryghtpath’s experts to assist with strategy and improve program maturity on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis. We’ll serve as a gut check to help keep your organization focused on the target.
Download a PDF Brochure for our Resiliency Diagnosis process
Case Study: Transforming a Major Utility Crisis Management & Continuity Strategy through our Resiliency Diagnosis process
A major U.S. electric, natural gas, and nuclear energy company, faced with the challenge of ever-increasing threats against their generation, distribution, and transmission capabilities, turned to Bryghtpath’s Resiliency Diagnosis process to evaluate their business continuity and crisis management program and improve the resilience of their organization.
Article: Evaluating Business Continuity Programs - Is your Business Continuity Program ready for the next Disruption?
In the event of a disaster, how will you respond?
No one enjoys thinking about crisis management or disaster recovery. But this much is certain: your business will face unexpected disruptions.
As experts in business continuity, we often get calls after crisis events. The questions business leaders often ask sound similar. They sound like this:
“What can we do to prepare our company to survive the next disruption?
Go Deeper in our Article about Evaluating Continuity Programs
How to Get Started with our Resiliency Diagnosis process
It’s simple! Click below to setup an initial 30-minute call with our team.
We’ll use this call to understand your current situation and how we can help you. We’ll then provide you with a straightforward proposal within a day. We can often get started within 1-2 weeks of our initial conversation.