Building your capacity to respond and recover
In a time of crisis, whether from a natural disaster, a reputational challenge, or a disruption to your business operations, the ability for an organization to rapidly assess a situation, escalate information, make decisions collaboratively, and communicate clearly the actions being undertaken are critical to its survival.
Bryghtpath has designed and implemented the crisis management processes used today by organizations ranging from small businesses, to global Fortune 30 corporations, and major law enforcement agencies.
We have extensive experience in evaluating, developing, and implementing crisis or emergency management programs in enterprises of all sizes, including public sector agencies, including both regulated and nonregulated services.
Our solutions can be tailored to deliver results in the following areas:
- Crisis advisors during an immediate crisis situation, as a member or leader of your crisis management team
- Strategic reviews of crisis management programs
- On-call support and leadership, as needed, in an immediate crisis
- Executive consultancy on implementing or maturing a crisis management program
- Support to crisis management leaders, senior executives, special committees, and Boards of Directors
- Exercises for crisis leaders at all levels, including C-Suite and Boards of Directors • Public-private partnership support for information sharing and best practices with state and federal agencies (DHS, FEMA, FBI, and others)
- Crisis Communications support and advice
- Partnerships with service providers, such as medical/security evacuation firms and global security specialists
- Standards: NFPA 1600, ISO 22301, ASIS SPC.1, NIMS/ICS, and the DHS/FEMA national frameworks
In any engagement, we aim to develop a tailored approach that best fits your organization’s needs.
Our goals in doing so include:
- Increased awareness of your organization’s risks, vulnerabilities, and dependencies.
- A process to effectively manage any disruption your organization may face – seeking to minimize any impacts as the disruption transpires.
- Compliance, as needed, with current best practices, standards, and benchmarks for crisis/emergency management.
- A strong culture of organizational resiliency with well-trained personnel, senior leaders, and processes in place throughout the organization.
How can I learn more?
Contact us and we’d be happy to discuss a tailored approach that will improve your organization’s resiliency.