Preparing for an unfathomable violent attack
We live in an uncertain and dangerous world where acts of violence are common around the world. Being prepared for an active shooter or active threat incident requires understanding how to recognize, prevent, respond, and recover from such tragic events. Bryghtpath’s planning, training, and exercise consulting can make a significant difference in your efforts.
It is impossible to eliminate every threat faced by an organization, but companies can increase their ability to recognize and prevent violent behaviors, improve their response capabilities, and lead their team through recovery.
Bryghtpath works with our clients to assess their current risks and vulnerabilities, establish and clarify roles and responsibilities, and develop preparedness, mitigation, and response options for active assailant and targeted violence scenarios.
We create customized and actionable plans for frontline managers and staff members with comprehensive enterprise-scale plans for corporate / headquarters teams. Additionally, we offer training, presentations, and exercises to build “muscle memory” and ensure teams are prepared for a critical incident.
We believe that active assailant training, education, and exercises should be planned and conducted in a manner that improves the preparedness of your organization without traumatizing employees, members, or students.
Our experience includes multiple active shooter program, training, exercise, and planning engagements. Our team is proficient with the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines and the ASIS/ANSI Workplace Violence Prevention & Active Assailant Standard.
Active Shooter Consulting & Capabilities
Our active shooter program consulting can be tailored to deliver results in the following areas:
- Strategic reviews of current programs, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Policy development covering workplace violence & active shooter programs
- Program development for all aspects of a program, including policies & procedures, best practices, plan creation, training, communication & awareness campaigns, program frameworks, metrics development & communication, and more.
- Physical reviews of current facilities, assessing threats and risks for active shooter situations
- Assistance evaluating current programs, violent protests, targeted violence, or other threats
- Development and facilitation of drills & exercises to practice and simulate situations
- Post-incident review and after-action reporting following an incident or exercise to capture lessons learned and develop recommendations for improvement
- Support as a Trusted Advisor to leaders, program managers, security or human resources leaders, senior executives, and Boards of Directors following an incident
- Communications: Expert crisis communications and awareness support before, during, and after a critical incident
- Training: Train stakeholders, security and human resources leaders, corporate executives, frontline teams and their managers, and others on planning, processes, policies, reporting, and response
- Partnerships with service providers, such as security specialists/providers
- Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) strategy, design, implementation, evaluation, & maturity. Learn more about our GSOC offerings.
- Standards: ASIS/SHRM Workplace Violence Prevention & Active Assailant Standard & Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
If you need immediate assistance, do not hesitate to call us at any hour or day at +1.612.235.6435.
Ready-made, battle-tested plans
In addition to our customized options available above, we offer ready-made, battle-tested plans, with communications plan elements, at Crisis Playbook.
Active shooter plans from Crisis Playbook come with support from experienced crisis management and communications experts, for any critical moment.
Free Active Shooter Introductory Training
We offer a free 101-level introductory course for active shooter planning. This course provides an overview of the active assailant threat and steps businesses can take to plan for a critical incident of this nature.
The course is intended to provide an overview of planning in a way that helps both the novice and the highly experienced business leader or individual contributor be able to make an immediate impact in their area of responsibility.
Our introductory course is completely free – each lesson is delivered daily via e-mail – and can be consumed in a 5-10 minute time period each day.
Click here to learn more about our free Active Shooter 101 Introductory Course.
Recent Active Shooter Insights
We’ve written extensively about Crisis Management, including Active Shooter planning, training, and exercises. Read our Ultimate Crisis to Crisis Management and then browse our most recent related articles below.
Caught in the line of fire: 8 ways to help consumers respond to an Active Shooter
6 Tips to Make Enterprise-Wide Active Shooter Training Successful
Lessons learned from recent active shooter events
Active Shooter Training: Management Essentials
5 Crisis situations you should be ready for right now
New Webinar: Shots Fired – Leading in an Active Shooter Incident
What Free Active Shooter Planning Resources Are Available Online?
Minimizing the Threat of Violence when Planning a Reduction in Force
Defining Workplace Violence: Why Is It Dangerous?
How mismanaging a workplace violence threat can have a disastrous impact on your company
Diving into the Secret Service’s Report on School Threat Assessment Teams
Protect Your Employees and Your Business with an Active Shooter Plan
How to Evaluate Plan Effectiveness After Active Shooter Exercises
Presentation: Leading in an Active Shooter Situation – BCPA July 2017
Active Shooter Case Studies
We’re proud of the work that we have done to help our clients mitigate, prepare, lead, respond, and recover from critical incidents around the world.
Learn more about our industry-specific experience or our crisis management, workplace violence prevention & threat management, and exercise capabilities by clicking on the applicable links.
- A major U.S. electric, natural gas, and nuclear energy company, seeking to elevate executive leadership’s crisis response capabilities and engagement, turned to Bryghtpath to exercise both their crisis management framework and build enterprise familiarity with the complexities of an active assailant situation. Read the full case study by clicking here.
- A Fortune 100 corporation, concerned about recent violent incidents, turned to Bryghtpath to develop and exercise an active shooter plan at their global headquarters in order to better protect their employees and visitors. This effort required close coordination with multiple city, county, and federal law enforcement agencies in order to conduct a full simulation, including law enforcement, fire, and emergency medical response. Read the full case study by clicking here.
- A Fortune 50 retailer, challenged with protecting its global workforce, turned to Bryghtpath to develop and implement a workplace violence prevention program to manage their risk of violence in the workplace. Read the full case study here.
- A for-profit university with a global presence, turned to Bryghtpath to develop a comprehensive active shooter program, including policy development, planning, on-site emergency procedures, training, and exercises in order to better protect their students, faculty, and staff.
Get a copy of our full services & capabilities guide
We can help.
Let the experts at Bryghtpath put their decades of experience to work for your organization
Bryghtpath has developed the active shooter programs, delivered training, and developed/facilitated exercises for many Fortune 500 organizations, public-sector organizations, and non-profits.
Our team has the experience, tools, and partnerships to help your organization successfully navigate the rough waters ahead – and ensure your organization is prepared.