You’re a resilience professional working in crisis management, business continuity, or crisis communications – or perhaps in a related field like corporate/physical security, disaster recovery, enterprise risk management, IT risk, or something similar.
You’re here because you want to learn more about resilience. Perhaps you’re interested in deepening your knowledge in your current domain(s) of practice or picking up skills in a wholly new domain for you.
You may even be looking for ideas about how to approach things differently – thinking deeply about resilience and working to stay ahead of the current trends.
No matter your focus as a curious resilience professional, we’ve covered your needs below with relevant articles & podcast episodes, free & paid training courses, our professional reading list, and some resources to explore more about resilience.
Gain Insight through relevant Articles
When you’re looking to further develop your skills as a resilience professional, such as seeking professional certification or learning on your own to dive deeper into a subject, there’s a lot to think through.
Here we’ve selected several articles that might serve as a great starting point as you seek to learn more about resilience-related topics.
In addition, you may want to consider reviewing our Ultimate Guide to Business Continuity and/or our Ultimate Guide to Crisis Management, where we’ve presented the best of our strategic thoughts in those two domains with links to more in-depth resources and articles.
Managing Uncertainty Podcast
Our Managing Uncertainty Podcast discusses crisis management, business continuity, and crisis communication.
Each week, our experts dive into topics ranging from how to drive personal preparedness within your organization to manage the unthinkable event inside of your organization. Our focus is on providing you with strategics, tactics, and resources around preparing for, responding to, and recovering from all sorts of disruptions and critical moments.
Will you be ready to lead through your company’s critical moment?
We’ve carefully curated this collection of episodes that you may find valuable on this step of your organization’s resilience journey.
Professional Reading List
Over the course of our careers, we’ve found that creating time and space in which to read and think is a difficult challenge – but one that is essential to solve to ensure one’s personal and professional development as a leader and subject matter expert. Our Professional Reading List is intended to help solve that challenge.
Today, we operate in a complex and uncertain environment that demands we continually improve our minds and expose ourselves to new ideas and critical thoughts in order to overcome the challenges before us.
In publishing our reading list, we hope to lay out a course of personal study and contemplation that will assist you as you continue to grow within our profession.
Free Introductory 101 Training Courses
Our free 101 introductory courses are intended to provide an overview of a particular resilience domain in a way that helps you make an immediate impact in your area of responsibility. In your situation, they may help you learn more about aspects of resilience that you have less experience in and want to develop additional knowledge and skills.
Premium Training Courses
Our premium courses are intended to provide a deep perspective into a specific subject matter in a way that helps leaders at any level be able to make an immediate, significant impact in their area of responsibility.
Our courses capitalize on the decades of expertise of the Bryghtpath team of experts. Our team has both deep subject matter expertise and practical experience around the globe with the topics we teach in our courses.
Other Learning Resources
There are a number of great options available for learning more about Resilience – and many of them are completely free.
Here are some of our favorites.
There are a number of free training resources available online that might provide you with answers to some of your questions about Crisis Management and provide greater detail into the areas we’ve outlined in this article.
Here are some available free options:
- FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute: Free courses covering many aspects of crisis management, continuity of operations, emergency management, and related topics.
- Bryghtpath’s Free Introductory Courses: Our free 101 introductory courses are intended to provide an overview of a particular subject matter in a way that helps both the novice and highly experienced business leader or individual contributor be able to make an immediate impact in their area of responsibility.
- Bryghtpath’s YouTube Channel: Hours of free video, webinars, and other presentations covering crisis management, business continuity, and crisis communications.
- Bryghtpath’s Webinars & Videos: Our webinars and videos are intended to help you learn more about business continuity, crisis management, disaster recovery, exercises, and crisis communications.
Business Continuity, Crisis Management, & Resiliency Facebook Group
Connect with hundreds of other Business Continuity, Crisis Management, & Resiliency Professionals in our free Facebook Group.
Our free Facebook Group is a forum for discussion around organizational resilience, business continuity, continuity of operations, emergency management, and crisis management. The intent of the group is to serve as an active exchange of information, questions, and news related to our profession.
You’ll find daily articles, regular discussion topics, and a safe and welcoming environment for your questions related to your career and moving your program forward.
We hope to see you there!
There are a number of great (and FREE!) Crisis Management Podcasts. These podcasts can help you continue to grow your knowledge and skills in these important areas as you seek to mature your organization’s program.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Managing Uncertainty: Our own weekly podcast covering business continuity, crisis management, and crisis communications. Learn more at our Managing Uncertainty Podcast archive.
- Harvard NPLI Leader ReadyCast: Featuring real-world lessons, best practices, and action-oriented insights for the “You’re It” moments when you are called to lead. Each episode features insights from frontline leaders and the faculty of the Harvard National Preparedness Leadership Institute (NPLI) program.
- Resilient: Resilient is a podcast series from Deloitte that features authentic, engaging, and thought-provoking conversations with CEOs, senior executives, government officials, board members, and people outside the business world. Hear their personal stories about how they led through a crisis, navigated through disruption, and managed through significant risk events. Discover what they learned about embracing risk, improving performance, and leading confidently in a volatile world.
We’ve outlined a longer list of our favorite business continuity & crisis management podcasts in our article Top Business Continuity & Crisis Management Podcasts.
Executive Education Programs
The challenges involved in business continuity and crisis management are complex and ever-changing, making ongoing education a crucial part of any executive’s long-term strategies. Understanding the various points of vulnerability for your business, gaining best practices in business continuity management, defining risks and prepping emergency management procedures aren’t skills that are often taught in traditional universities but must often be learned on the job or as part of your networking with peers. Business Continuity & Crisis Management Executive Programs can assist with this opportunity.
Finding a business continuity executive education opportunity not only provides you with an opportunity for learning more about the topic but is a valuable networking opportunity as you learn with other professionals who are looking for the most proactive ways to prepare their business for the future.
Some of the top Executive Education Programs include:
- Harvard’s National Preparedness Leadership Institute
- MIT’s Crisis Management & Business Continuity Courage
- Bryant University’s Business Continuity Certificate Program
- PECB’s Business Continuity Management Program
We’ve recapped these programs along with several other options in our article Top Business Continuity & Crisis Management Executive Programs.
We can help.
Let the experts at Bryghtpath put their decades of experience to work for your organization
Our team has the experience, tools, and partnerships to help your organization successfully navigate the rough waters ahead – and ensure your organization is prepared.