Yesterday, Bryghtpath Principal & CEO Bryan Strawser, along with Senior Consultant Jennifer Otremba, presented at the monthly meeting of the Business Continuity Planners Association (BCPA) in Edina, Minnesota.
We described the presentation as:
Orlando, San Bernardino, Toronto, the Washington Navy Yard.
Active shooter incidents are at the top of every senior executive’s list of threats across the United States. Much effort and attention have been paid to this issue, yet the vast number of organizations are not prepared for when an active shooter incident strikes their organization.
In this presentation, Bryghtpath CEO Bryan Strawser & Senior Consultant Jennifer Otremba will share lessons learned for preparing for, responding to, and recovering from an active shooter situation in your workplace. Topics discussed will include crisis leadership during an active shooter situation, the perspectives of an incident leader in the midst of the crisis situation, communicating and making decisions, and sound strategies that can be used to prevent situations from reaching the point that gunfire is involved.
Links mentioned in presentation
- Bryghtpath – Active Shooter 101 Training Course (Free)
- Bryghtpath – Crisis Communications 101 Training Course (Free)
- Links to other Bryghtpath products & resources (paid)
We also recorded an episode of our podcast – Managing Uncertainty – in May 2017 around the topic of leading during an Active Shooter incident that you may find valuable.
Other Bryghtpath Resources
- Bryghtpath Case Study – Active Shooter Planning & Exercises
- Business Continuity Services
- Crisis Management Services
- Crisis Communications Services
- Emergency Planning & Exercises
- Active Shooter (and other) Training
- Managing Uncertainty Podcast
We’re here to help
We’re available to assist you with your planning, training, and exercise needs – whether it’s related to active shooter situations, crisis management, business continuity, or one of our other practice areas.
Contact us today and we’d be happy to connect to see how we can help you achieve your goals!