It goes without saying that an Active Shooter / Active Assailant situation at your organization is perhaps one of the scariest crisis situations that can be imagined – yet in today’s uncertain world, it’s one of the top risks on the mind of every executive.
Our Active Shooter 101 Intro Course is intended to provide an introduction to the risks and dangers of workplace violence, how to create a basic active shooter plan, how to conduct an active shooter exercise, and then connect you with other free online resources that can assist you in your planning.
Our Active Shooter Training contains twelve comprehensive lessons that will help you and your organization prepare for an unthinkable situation: an active shooter in your place of business.
This course is completely free and is delivered via e-mail over a 12-day period – one lesson each day.
What's in the course?
Our Active Shooter 101 Intro Course covers the following topics:
- Understanding the danger of workplace violence
- Why having strong workplace violence policies and plans in place are critical to protecting your employees and your organization
- Making it real: Recent examples of workplace violence
- The link between workplace violence/threats and active shooter situations
- Creating an active shooter plan
- How to train your employees realistically and effectively
- How to exercise your active shooter plan, evaluate it objectively, and capture lessons learned along the way
- Lessons learned from recent active shooter situations this year
- Learning from the experts: an episode of our podcast where three corporate security leaders that have led through multiple active shooter situations share their lessons learned and advice for leading your company through the unthinkable
- Links to free online resources to assist with your planning
Each lesson in the course ends with a link to an online worksheet to help you process what you have learned and capture your takeaways. It’s a great way to reflect upon what you’ve learned and how you can apply it to your organization.
Who should take this course
Our Active Shooter 101 Intro Course is intended for managers and leaders that have responsibility for active shooter planning in their organization – or have oversight of those that have that responsibility.
This course is particularly aimed at those who are new to this area of emergency planning.
This course is not intended for individuals seeking to understand how to avoid or survive an active shooter or active assailant situation.
Take the Course
Get the free 12-lesson Active Shooter 101 Intro Course right now and learn how to prepare your organization, train and exercise your team, and lead through the unthinkable.
Enter your email to get started – we’ll send over the first lesson in a few minutes:
What our students say
“This small course defines very well the basic concepts and provides suggestions to create a plan and preventive management. Recommended for students who must make a presentation on the subject, or are in professional practice, and need to supplement their knowledge and bibliography.”
“Bryghtpath’s Active Shooter 101 mini-course is straightforward and practical. As the leader of a non-profit in an urban area, I am directly using the available resources and recommending the 12-day mini-course to reinforce in-person training.
Thank you, Bryan and team, for the gift of your wisdom in crisis preparedness and management.”
“This brief course increased my awareness of the importance of having an active shooter plan; the importance of communication before, during, and after an event; and the importance of making every effort to recognize the warning signs whenever possible to prevent an event.”
Our Active Shooter 101 Intro Course was authored by Bryghtpath Principal & CEO Bryan Strawser along with Senior Consultant Jennifer Otremba and former Consultant Lindsay Bradford who both contributed to a podcast episode that was used for the course.
Learn more about Bryan and his background in active shooter planning, training, and exercises in his biography.