We’re looking for an industry practitioner with experience in business continuity, crisis management, crisis communications, intelligence, corporate security, or enterprise risk to join the Bryghtpath team as a Business Continuity & Crisis Management Consultant.
Our consultants possess a unique mix of education, experience, and skills, enabling them to provide professional, specialized, expert consulting services to our clients that help them improve their organization’s resiliency, navigate uncertainty, and advance their strategic business objectives.
You’ll be joining a small, nimble, successful, family-owned business with a husband-wife leadership team that is growing significantly year over year.
The work is challenging, global, fast-paced, and ever-evolving. Our clients run the range from large, established Fortune 50 enterprise organizations to local and regional startups that are breaking new ground with their products and services. We have industry concentrations in healthcare, energy, and technology / new media businesses currently.
When working with our clients, you’ll be working with senior executives, functional leaders, and boards of directors to directly influence their organization’s strategies for preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery.
In the critical moment, you’ll be front and center helping our clients devise response and recovery strategies to safeguard their reputation and business.
You’ll also be working on product development for a suite of training courses and other related products we plan to launch in Q3 2019.
The work is never boring and the opportunities to learn new skills are present every day.
Bryghtpath is based in Shoreview, Minnesota. We strongly support a distributed work model using collaborative technologies (Slack, Basecamp, Dropbox, WebEx, and more) to keep the team and our clients moving forward. We dislike meetings, useless coffee statuses, bureaucracy, and work that isn’t fun. We strive to work with clients that believe in the same.
Global travel is expected in this role to support our clients on-site where necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides expert business continuity consulting services: Designs, develops, implements, and manages elements of the business continuity program for a client organization, including program start-up, maturation, evaluation, governance, BCM lifecycle, business impact analysis, technology impact analysis, exercises, testing, process design, and other program elements. Exact services to be delivered will depend upon the specific statement of work for each engagement.
- Provides expert crisis management consulting services: Designs, develops, implements and manages elements of a crisis management/emergency management program for a client organization, including program start-up, maturation, evaluation, governance, exercises, emergency operations center design, process design, and other program elements. May be called upon to assist a client with active management of an evolving incident or crisis situation. Exact services to be delivered will depend upon the specific statement of work for each engagement.
- Collaborates with the engagement team: Works collaboratively with other members of the engagement team and Bryghtpath’s management team to develop solutions that add value to our client’s business and helps achieve their strategic business objectives.
- Influences client’s senior leadership: Develops strong organizational relationships and rapport with the senior leadership & Board of Directors for Bryghtpath’s clients. Through a professional presence, demeanor, and presentation skills seeks to influence the client’s senior leadership team during the course of an engagement.
- Other duties as assigned: As assigned by engagement leader or member of Bryghtpath management team, assumes and completes other duties and projects. May pick up additional responsibilities in crisis communications, corporate security, intelligence, or other practice domains at Bryghtpath as skills and business needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have authorization in place to work in the United States
- Experience in business continuity, disaster recovery, crisis management, emergency management, enterprise risk management, or related risk experience.
- Demonstrates a high level of individual motivation and autonomy
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven excellence in planning, organizational, and program management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven capacity to influence C-level executives and Boards of Directors
- Ability to travel globally as needed
- Graduate degree
- Completion of graduate level education in business continuity or continuity of government operations from a recognized program (Ex: Naval Postgraduate Executive Leaders or Masters program, Harvard National Preparedness Leadership Initiative, MIT Business Continuity Certificate Program, FEMA Emergency Management Institute)
- Holds professional certification in business continuity and/or emergency management
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery Institute (DRII): CBCP, MBCP
- Business Continuity Institute (BCI): MBCI
- Crisis / Emergency Management
- International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM): AEM, CEM
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS): CPP
- US Government Agencies
- FEMA Professional Continuity Practitioner: Level 1, Level 2
- FEMA/DHS HSEEP-1: Graduate
- State Emergency Management Certification
- Possesses a high level of mastery of business continuity and crisis management standards:
- NFPA 1600
- ISO 22301 / 22317
- ASIS Business Continuity & Crisis Management Standards
- Understands regulatory requirements for US industries related to business continuity and disaster recovery (Ex: FFIEC)
- Holds advanced professional certification in Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery Institute (DRII): MBCP
- Business Continuity Institute (BCI): DBCI
- Professional certification in project, program, and/or portfolio management
- Project Management Professional: PMP
- Program Management Professional: PgMP
- Portfolio Management Professional: PfMP
- Experience with GRC/Business Continuity systems such as RSA Archer, Fusion Risk Management, or other industry-leading systems.
- Business Continuity
Compensation / Benefits
- Compensation is dependent upon experience, education, and professional certification.
- Unlimited vacation time
- Bryghtpath offers a highly flexible work environment. Most of our employees work a significant portion of the week from home.