Healthcare is an increasingly complicated industry with ever-shifting governmental regulations and compliance; increasing expectations of privacy by technologically savvy consumers, and heightened competition as the marketplace shifts as new players enter the industry.
Healthcare organizations can be disrupted through natural disasters, weather emergencies, cybercrime, production system outages, data breaches, and more.
Healthcare organizations need a realistic business continuity & disaster recovery plans that ensure the availability of their operations along with the technology systems and third-party services that enable their work.
Healthcare organizations also need a structured and consistent crisis management process to ensure an effective response in partnership with emergency management agencies at the federal, state, county, and local government levels.
Healthcare Case Studies & Results
Bryghtpath has worked extensively in the healthcare industry – our expertise includes hospitals, clinics, healthcare technology providers, emergency medical providers, and pharmacies.
- A major healthcare technology company, seeking to enhance its capability to respond to a cybersecurity incident, turned to Bryghtpath to develop and streamline its cybersecurity (data breach) incident response process within a dedicated plan aligned to its enterprise process. Read the full case study.
- A major U.S. healthcare organization, seeking to practice their recently updated cybersecurity incident response plan, turned to Bryghtpath to conduct a multi-day complex ransomware exercise. Read the full case study.
- Bryghtpath worked with the top hospital in the United States, as recognized by US News & World Report, on a wholesale reinvention of their enterprise global security program. Our work included conducting a broad benchmarking study of other top hospitals and healthcare systems in the United States, devising an internal communications strategy, and assisting in developing their strategy for a new Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) for the enterprise.
- Bryghtpath worked with a midwest integrated health system of clinics, hospitals, and emergency medical services to conduct a series of exercises intended to improve their response to production information systems disruptions. The exercise series led to widespread changes in the organization’s incident management processes for information technology incidents, including tighter integration with the organization’s emergency management framework.
- Bryghtpath worked with a leading healthcare technology provider to devise their business continuity, disaster recovery, and crisis management program. As a key partner in their program, Bryghtpath conducts all business continuity & disaster recovery lifecycle activities, business continuity & crisis management exercises, and an ongoing communications & awareness campaign on an annual basis.
- Bryghtpath worked with a Twin Cities-based integrated health system to conduct a detailed assessment of the organization’s physical security programs for its corporate headquarters location. This assessment was then used with executive leadership to successfully argue for additional resources, equipment, and staff to improve the safety and security for the organization’s headquarters.
We can help.
Let the experts at Bryghtpath put their decades of experience to work for your organization
Our team has the experience, tools, and partnerships to help your organization successfully navigate the rough waters ahead – and ensure your organization is prepared.