The complete online course that builds strong crisis leaders & effective crisis programs
Every organization, no matter your location, industry, revenue, or size, will one day be faced with a critical disruption that will severely rock your business, non-profit, or government agency.
And long before the big crisis hits, you will have to manage smaller disruptions, from technology outages, cyber-attacks, reputational challenges, ransomware, misbehavior in the workplace, natural disasters, utility outages, and more.
Most of us – whether business leaders, agency heads, or crisis management & business continuity professionals, often have no idea how to successfully build a strong crisis management program that empowers you to lead your organization through its critical moment confidently.
The Crisis Management Academy™, powered by the experts at Bryghtpath, is the ONLY program of its kind that…
- Provides the knowledge you need to build a strong & effective crisis management program for your organization
- Teaches you how to lead your organization through a critical moment
- Gives you the tools, templates, and resources you need to guide you along the way
- Leaves you with the confidence that you’re putting the right program, framework, and plans in place to enable your business to manage through a critical moment – and get back up and running quickly while ensuring that your team is protected.
So if you’re ready to understand how to construct a crisis management program step by step and implement it within your organization – without the confusing jargon, overwhelm, and uncertainty from other training, the Crisis Management Academy™ is for you!
Crisis Management Academy will launch in February 2023.
What's in the Crisis Management Academy™?
Here’s what’s inside the Crisis Management Academy™:
- 14 Modules containing 49 Lessons with more than 13 hours of video training
- Kickoff Module: Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Welcome to the Course
- Lesson 2: About your Instructor
- Lesson 3: How to get the most out of this course
- Module 1: What is Crisis Management?
- Lesson 1: What is a Crisis?
- Lesson 2: What does good crisis management look like?
- Lesson 3: The Value of Crisis Management
- Lesson 4: Industry Standards
- Module 2: Crisis Frameworks & Plans
- Lesson 1: Crisis Frameworks
- Lesson 2: Effective & Simple Crisis Management Plans
- Lesson 3: Common Planning Mistakes
- Module 3: The Crisis Management Team
- Lesson 1: What is the Crisis Management Team (CMT)?
- Lesson 2: Structuring the Crisis Management Team
- Lesson 3: The Role of your Executive Team
- Lesson 4: Activation & the Initial CMT Meeting
- Lesson 5: The Crisis Management Battle Rhythm
- Module 4: Communicating within your Crisis Process
- Lesson 1: The Communications Lifecycle in a Crisis
- Lesson 2: Situational Updates
- Module 5: Crisis Leadership
- Lesson 1: What makes a good crisis leader?
- Lesson 2: Leading Upwardly
- Lesson 3: Leading in a Crisis
- Lesson 4: Resiliency as a Crisis Leader
- Module 6: Crisis Communications
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Crisis Communications
- We include our Communicating in the Critical Moment course with Crisis Management Academy. At this point in the course, we send students over to that course to complete several modules before returning to Crisis Management Academy for Module 7.
- Module 7: Supporting your People
- Lesson 1: Supporting your Crisis Team
- Lesson 2: Supporting your Company’s Employees
- Module 8: Specific Crisis Situations
- Lesson 1: Active Assailant/Active Shooter
- Lesson 2: Cyber Attacks, Ransomware, & Data Breaches
- Lesson 3: Reputational Challenges
- Lesson 4: Malfeasance/Misconduct
- Lesson 5: Regional Natural Disaster
- Module 9: After the Boom
- Lesson 1: Long-Term Recovery
- Lesson 2: Supporting your Team in their long-term recovery needs
- Module 10: The After-Action Process
- Lesson 1: Overview of the After-Action Process
- Lesson 2: Facilitating the After-Action Meeting(s)
- Lesson 3: The After-Action Report
- Lesson 4: Tracking your After-Action Items
- Module 11: Left of Boom (Preparedness)
- Lesson 1: Key Preparedness Steps
- Lesson 2: Crisis Exercises
- Lesson 3: Crisis Tools & Software
- Lesson 4: Knowledge Management in a Crisis
- Lesson 5: Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Lesson 6: Public/Private Partnerships
- Module 12: Leadership Case Studies
- Lesson 1: Hurricane Sandy
- Lesson 2: Active Shooter at a Corporate HQ
- Lesson 3: COVID-19
- Lesson 4: Deepwater Horizon
- Module 13: Course Wrap-Up & Next Steps
- Lesson 1: Wrapping things up
- Lesson 2: Our Recommendations
- Lesson 3: Where to go to learn more
- Lesson 4: Time to Celebrate!
Crisis Management Academy will launch in February 2023 - Get on the Waitlist!
The Crisis Management Academy™ will launch in February 2023.
To be notified when early bird registration opens & get our one-time-only launch discount, add your email to the announcement list.
What our students say
During the pandemic, my organization realized that we needed to create a crisis management program, and responsibility was given to me to do so. We managed through the pandemic, but this year we were ready to put an actual crisis program in place.
I found the Crisis Management Academy incredibly helpful as the course takes you step by step through the process of building an effective crisis management program, including establishing a framework & plan, developing response checklists for the team, designing an after-action process & exercises… I found all of the course to be engaging and valuable.
Using Bryghtpath’s templates, an optional add-on to the course, helped us kickstart our program by using their templated starting point to get moving quickly on our program!
I was in the beta group for Bryghtpath’s new Crisis Management Academy online course.
I’ve worked in information security for almost three decades and thought that I knew a lot about incident and crisis management, and I was completely wrong.
I learned sooooo much in this course from Bryan and the team at Bryghtpath – from how to think about managing a crisis in a large organization, how to structure a crisis management team, and how to lead in a crisis. When paired with the real-life case studies in crisis leadership that are part of the course, it’s a fantastic experience.
I can’t recommend this course enough!
Our 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
You might be on the fence… or perhaps other training has left you skeptical…. so we want to give you EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY to put our Crisis Management Academy™ into action.
That’s why we’ve established a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. Go through the training, keep up with the lessons, implement the systems, and we know you’ll be successful.
If not, simply contact us for a full refund.
Our Crisis Management Academy™ is taught by Bryghtpath Principal & CEO Bryan Strawser.
Bryan has more than twenty-five years of experience in Business Continuity & Crisis Management. You can learn more about Bryan and his background in business continuity, crisis management, and disaster recovery in his biography.
Have questions about Crisis Management Academy™
or our other services?
We can help.
Our team has the experience, tools, and partnerships to help your organization successfully navigate the rough waters ahead – and ensure your organization is prepared.