There are few single initiatives that can add value to your organization’s resilience strategy in the way that launching a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) can.
Today, your organization undoubtedly obtains information through several disparate sources, each one of which requires monitoring, escalation, and actions. Centralizing these sources into a single environment adhering to common standard operating procedures synthesizes the various data sources, reducing repetitive processes and creating new data regarding risks to your organization. Implementing a GSOC also provides additional operational efficiencies, improving your overall resilience through the rapid identification and escalation of threats to your organization.
With our deep global operating experience, we’ve helped dozens of organizations design, implement, and mature their GSOC strategies, adding significant value and credibility to their security and resilience organizations.
If we can be of assistance to you as you develop your GSOC strategy, or if you’re seeking expert advice to build, grow, or mature your security and/or resilience strategies, we’re always here to help.
Jeremy M. Baumann, Corporate Security Advisors
Bryan Strawser, Bryghtpath
What's in our GSOC whitepaper?
Our expert report contains 5 key sections:
- Executive Summary. In the introduction, we lay out our brief argument as to why a Global Security Operations Center can propel your security & resilience strategies forward.
- Overview of a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). In this section, we provide a strategic overview of a Global Security Operations Center and how it can accelerate your strategies as a force multiplier within your organization.
- GSOC Value Proposition. In this section, we dive into the value proposition for a Global Security Operations Center – providing you with examples that can be used to illustrate the benefits of a GSOC to your organization.
- GSOC Financial & Staffing Model. In this section, we provide single and multi-site staffing models, a breakdown of positions, and our thoughts around the financial modeling to estimate GSOC costs.
- Planning & Implementation. In this final section, we outline a phased approach for planning and implementing a GSOC, from initial strategy, to minimum viable product, and growth over time to a fully mature operations center.
Click here to get our free report
How Bryghtpath can help with your GSOC Strategy
Bryghtpath and our partners have helped dozens of organizations design, implement, and mature their GSOC strategies, adding significant value and credibility to their security and resilience organizations.
Our services include:
- Executive consultancy on designing, implementing, or maturing a Global Security Operations Center.
- Strategic reviews of existing Global Security Operations Centers with detailed recommendations and a roadmap for implementation
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) development and guidance
About the Authors
Jeremy M. Baumann
Managing Partner, Corporate Security Advisors
Jeremy M. Baumann, a security executive and consulting practice leader with 25 years combined experience in corporate security and law enforcement, is Managing Partner of Corporate Security Advisors, a consulting service primarily advising corporate security from healthcare organizations and Fortune 500 companies.
Jeremy has spent most of his career assessing and optimizing security programs and building and transforming teams that deliver business value. He offers impactful recommendations that build enterprise alignment, drive rapid execution, and deliver high performing teams, processes, and technologies. He has worked with companies in the financial, technology, pharma, and healthcare sectors.
Jeremy previously served as interim Chief Security officer for HealthPartners; Director, Enterprise Security for Discover Financial Services, and held multiple global security leadership roles at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.
About Corporate Security Advisors
Corporate Security Advisors, LLC, is a boutique consulting firm specializing in helping senior executives from security, law, HR, and the C-Suite build top-level security programs and teams.
We partner with organizations of all sizes to provide unparalleled security expertise to advance their strategic business objectives and deliver material business value. We empower and equip security teams through trust, stakeholder protection, and business alignment.
Learn more about Corporate Security Advisors at our website.
Principal | Chief Executive
Bryan Strawser is Founder, Principal, and Chief Executive at Bryghtpath LLC, a strategic advisory firm he founded in 2014. He has over twenty-five years of experience in crisis management, business continuity, crisis communications, and global security.
Bryan previously served as Chief Security Officer & Senior Director of Global Security at the University of Phoenix and as Senior Director, Global Crisis Management, Business Continuity, & Intelligence at Target, where he built and led the retailer’s global resilience program. He was previously a Senior Fellow at the Center for Cyber and Homeland Security at Auburn University.
Bryghtpath LLC is a recognized leader in crisis management, business continuity, and crisis communications with decades of experience working with the world’s leading brands, public sector agencies, and nonprofit organizations to strategically navigate uncertainty and disruption.
We are experienced in working with Boards of Directors, Executives/C-Suite teams, functional leadership, and all key stakeholders inside and outside of an organization.
Learn more about Bryghtpath at our website.